A firewall performs a crucial role in protecting the company’s critical data from unwanted access in many large enterprises where security is a top issue. The firewall on the server imposes tight constraints to keep the company’s data safe and secure. However, these issues interrupt the QuickBooks from accessing the data file on the server. And thus, it results in QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file issue. On the occurrence of this issue, you won’t be able to proceed further with your ongoing business tasks. We have listed all the factors that lead to this error in this blog. Alongside, the quick troubleshooting solutions to fix it have also been elaborated.
Are you searching for instant troubleshooting solutions to eliminate QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file issue? If yes, then reach out to our experts by placing a call at the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359. You will get the best possible assistance from our certified experts right away.
Why am I dealing with QuickBooks fails to communicate with the company file issue?
Are you unable to figure out why you got stuck with QuickBooks fails to communicate with the company file issue? Well, you don’t have to worry anymore. As we have listed some of the roots causes behind this error b below, which are as follows:-
- The outdated version of QuickBooks may also be one reason behind this error.
- Another reason may be connectivity issues between your server and the workstations.
- Also, it may be caused due to inappropriate DNS Settings.
What should be done to eliminate Error: Cannot communicate with the company file due to firewall?
There are numerous methods that you can use to eliminate QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file issue. But, the most effective method depends on the reason that is responsible for the occurrence of this issue. We have listed all the methods to resolve the problem below, check them out:-
Solution 1:- Install the latest Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
- In the first place, click on the Start menu and type “QuickBooks” in the search field. Then choose the version of QB that you are currently using.
- Following that, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and then tap on the Run as Administrator option.
- Further, move to the Help menu on the No Company Open window.
- Go to the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down menu and then click the Options tab followed by Mark All.
- Afterwards, click the Save button > Update Now tab. Then, ensure you have marked the checkbox of Reset Updates.
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop after downloading updates.
- To install the updates you downloaded, open QuickBooks Desktop and click the Yes button.
- Restart your computer after applying the downloaded updates.
Recommended to Read: TLS 1.2 Validation Failed
Solution 2:- Turning off your system’s host settings
To switch off hosting on your server computer, follow the procedures below; your server computer should be the only one hosting.
- The first and foremost step is to log in to QuickBooks.
- Hover your mouse over the File menu and select Utilities.
- Click the Stop Hosting option. It will reset multi-user mode if you select Multi-User Access.
Summing It Up!!
We assure you that the solutions listed in this blog would have helped you to deal with QuickBooks Cannot Communicate With The Company File issue. You can also use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks tool hub. If the error continues, feel free to consult with our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
Read our other QuickBooks related blog on Articledaisy