The world has recently turned its complete attention to olive cider vinegar, and accurately so. In this article, we make mention of the numerous reasons why olive cider vinegar has taken the world by storm, as well as an easy olive cider vinegar recipe for those on a keto or other weight loss diet!
BENEFITS OF OLIVE CIDER VINEGAR
Olea European, or ripe olives, is the star ingredient used to make olive cider vinegar. It is significantly more effective when it contains the mother of vinegar. Olive cider vinegar offers a number of health advantages when it is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized, and devoid of preservatives. They are as follows:
- The possesses a high sodium content. Sodium is an important dietary mineral that hydrates your skin and conditions your hair.
- There are essential nutrients active in olive cider vinegar that help to maintain a strong, healthy heart. It contains copper, a mineral whose lack can raise your chance of developing heart issues.
- It contains strong antioxidants and vitamins, such as Vitamin E, in abundance.
- It is high in vital enzymes.
- Olive Cider Vinegar Benefits proves it a great medicinal remedy for disorders such as blood sugar regulation, digestion, gastric, liver, hypertension, and cholesterol issues.
- It has calcium, which is necessary for healthy bones and the preservation of strong muscles, nerves, and bones.
- It increases protective HDL cholesterol and reduces LDL cholesterol, which is fantastic for your body. An overabundance of LDL cholesterol forms plaque on the arterial walls, narrows the arteries, and ultimately causes less blood to flow to and from the heart. This will result in heart disease. The excess cholesterol in the blood is gathered by healthy HDL cholesterol, which then delivers it to the liver for elimination.
- Olive cider vinegar has plenty of polyphenols, which enhance gut health and reduce bloating.
- It is a good source of vital minerals, including iron, which is necessary for your red blood cells to carry oxygen.
HOW TO USE OLIVE CIDER VINEGAR
You can either mix 2 tablespoons full or 10ml of olive cider vinegar with lukewarm water and take it after meals, or mix 15 ml of olive cider vinegar with thrice the quantity of water and drink it throughout the day, or as prescribed by your physician. It will help keep gastric problems at bay and improve your overall health.
SALAD DRESSING WITH OLIVE CIDER VINEGAR
Typically, classic olive cider vinegar salad dressings, also known as olive cider vinaigrettes, get their sugar content from honey. If you are on a keto diet or any other weight loss diet, you should avoid added sugar. As a result, store-bought salad dressings are not always your greatest ally because they contain additional sugar. They often contain vegetable oils or additives that are not recommended on a keto diet.
- 3 tbsp.
- ½ cup of Avocado Oil [other light oils like almond oil, walnut oil, or peanut oil will work as well]
- 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- ½ tbsp of Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp of Sugar-Free Maple Syrup [This is completely optional, but it gives the dressing a lovely sweet flavor. You can also use crystal erythritol. Keep in mind though, that it doesn’t dissolve as well in the salad dressing]
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp of Dried Dill
- 1 ½ tsp of Dried Parsley
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ¼ tsp of Pepper
- Put all the ingredients into a small bowl or glass mason jar.
- Close the lid and shake vigorously. This brings the oil into contact with the vinegar and forms an opaque vinaigrette.
We don’t all like the same things, and that is why salad dressing recipes are not a one-for-all type of deal. You can always put your own spin on your salad based on what you like or what ingredients you have on hand. Here are some ideas to boost the flavor of this easy olive cider vinegar salad dressing.
- For creaminess, add a few tablespoons of sour cream, mayonnaise, or plain greek yogurt to the recipe.
- To make it spicy, add a few drops of black pepper, hot sauce, or chili flakes to the recipe.
- To make it cheesy, add 1-2 tablespoons of finely ground fresh parmesan.
- Add a dollop of unhulled tahini spread for a tangy twist.
- You can also have fun with the spices and swap some of the dried spices with your favorites like Italian seasoning, which is perfect to create keto Italian recipes or marinate meat, dried mint for a Greek salad, or dried dill for a keto Cobb salad.
Any salad with a crunchy lettuce base, like a Cobb salad, Kale Quinoa Salad, or chicken bacon avocado salad, pairs really well with olive cider salad dressing. You can use this salad dressing as a marinade for meat, chicken, pork, or even shrimp! It’s also a great dressing to deglaze stir-fried vegetables like Brussels sprouts or green beans.
This recipe is dairy-free and should be stored in an airtight container. Place it in the fridge and keep it for up to 2 weeks. Before serving, shake the jar vigorously as the layer of olive oil and vinegar will separate and some ingredients will commonly solidify in the dressing, especially if you add tahini.
It is occasionally used in marinades for strongly flavored grilled foods like fajitas or shish kabobs. Its tangy taste goes well with mild veggies, pasta, and rice. It often pairs well with foods you’d normally cook with olive oil, like red meat or Italian food.
The discovery of olive cider vinegar is honestly nothing short of a miracle. I hope now that you’ve learnt what amazing benefits it has, you’ll purchase a bottle and let it work its magic.
Also, Read How to Use Onion Oil for Long Hair